WHAT IS “SPRUNG”?
SHORT ANSWER: A refuge from The Outdoors where you can hide from all the allergens and play board games all weekend long. “Sprung” is an art, craft and gift show at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington, that is also a celebration of Spring for people who are sick and tired of having the outdoors try and kill them EVERY DAY with pollen, sunshine and fresh air! I mean hey, we get it – lots of people can hardly wait for mowing the lawn, wearing cargo shorts and planting a garden. Maybe you even love a nice bike ride or hike through one of our National, State or Local Parks! But for US, all Springtime means is we need to buy more Dayquil, switch from Claritin to Zyrtec, and figure out how many Tylenol PM one needs to take in order to balance out the buzz from a dose of Sudafed. And so we call this time “Sprung”, past-tense, because by April 30th we’re over a FULL MONTH into Spring and we are OVER IT.
So at the Captain Slinky Presents Oddmall Emporium of The Weird “Sprung” Art, Craft & Gift Show, you will find all sorts of PG-13 stuff that appeals to us “Indoorsy Types” check out the map and vendor list below! Each one a hand-picked vendor by us to fit in with our uniquely Goth, Punk, Weird, Horror, Creative, Occult, Bizarre, Wonderful lifestyle!
And you folks who actually LIKE Springtime? You can come, too 🙂
VENDOR LIST AND MAP
ALPHABETICAL LIST OF VENDORS – FIND YOUR FAVORITE!
|All Games New And Old||G16|
|Anxious Raccoon Press||B|
|Art by Erika Rae Heins||75|
|Art by Rose Boucher||43|
|Art by Shannon Eagle||66|
|Art of Julie Okahara||J|
|Art of Lori Collins||62|
|Badger Burrow Studios||86|
|Believe Or Dont Creative Resin||42|
|Beth Sobel Illustration||L|
|Bloody Bubbles Soap||57|
|Blue Dragon Dice||G04|
|Bored Dragon Woodworking||G22|
|Brick Island/ Plastic Heretic||104|
|Bubbles & Ewe||124|
|Caerulean Candle Co.||83|
|Captain Slinky’s Weird Lamps||45|
|Cats and Crafts||13|
|Chima Linga studio||33|
|Coil and Thread||113|
|Counter Clockwork Games||G12|
|Crafty AF (Mixed Illusions)||118|
|Crafty AF (Mixed Illusions)||119|
|Crescent Moon Gifts / High Rock Castle||47|
|Crown of Bone||7|
|Crystal’s Crazy Creations||67|
|Curious Nature Studio||4|
|Dante Santos Chance Encounter Games||135|
|Designed by Destiny||25|
|Dirt Cheap Dungeons||G06|
|Dunce Cap Games||G20|
|Eden Maker llc||35|
|Edge of Town Designs||79|
|Emily’s jewelry and stuff||80|
|Faith Dreams Jewelry||15|
|Faith Dreams Jewelry||16|
|For A Lark||3|
|Full moon rising body care||136|
|G&H Magical Garments and Accessories||50|
|Glitter & Gloom||E|
|HaazLab (Haazardous Laboratory)||101|
|Handmade By Robots||55|
|Happy Hookers Box||103|
|Heather Wolfe Ceramics||48|
|HighFive Laser Engraving & 3D Printing||24|
|Jan Murphy Art||46|
|Jellyfish Game Studios||G07|
|Junior Braves of The Apocalypse||132|
|Kaminsky Crafts LLC||2|
|Kori Cuddle Plush||22|
|Kupava Family Arts||110|
|Let’s Play Cafe||G10|
|Lisa Kurt art + illustration||53|
|Little Dumpling Arts||6|
|Lydia Olive Creations||85|
|Magical Crystal Queens||84|
|Missing Piece by AW / The Doilie Patch||20|
|Mr Voidself Art||I|
|My Curse Purse/The Werd Nerd||81|
|My Curse Purse/The Werd Nerd||81|
|My Wandering Muse||49|
|Nerd Wood Designs||G01|
|Nerd Wood Designs||G03|
|Norseman Ventures LLC||M|
|Oddmall Emporium of The Weird||56|
|Orcas Blue Creations||31|
|Pandora House Crafts||64|
|Patty Cakes Bakes||129|
|Pie Slice Dice||G18|
|Pilchuck Soap Company||65|
|Pretty Decent Goods||76|
|Pyrex And Play||111|
|Raven Spirit Gifts||23|
|Raven Spirit Gifts||34|
|Renewal by Andersen||123|
|Robot Mom Creations LLC||93|
|Ruben the Artist||131|
|Second Stitch Clothing||92|
|Shanna Duncan Art||44|
|Shrödingers Box Taxidermy||32|
|Silas Goewey Art||H|
|Sir Lonebuck’s House of Comics||26|
|Slow Camera Photobooth||127|
|Snoco Toys & Collectibles||10|
|Snoco Toys & Collectibles||11|
|Sugar Sweet Pacifier Boutique||59|
|Sugar Sweet Pacifier Boutique||60|
|Sunshine Glass Gifts||70|
|Sweetlye Soap Shop||107|
|Swimming The Feels||120|
|Teal Cicada Illustration||89|
|The Adventurer’s Emporium||97|
|Thing 12 Games||G02|
|Timber Pro Wrestling||116|
|Tinderbox Wood Products L.L.C.||98|
|Volunteers of America Western Washington||38|
|Weird Works LLC||G15|
|Weird Works LLC||G17|
|Witch Way Books||17|
|Wolf & Lion||130|
|Wooley Sunshine Studios||74|
WE GOT FOOD TRUCKS! Tacos, Grilled Cheese, Gyros and Coffee, what else could you possibly ask for in life?
- SHARINA BEANS COFFEE and their adorable Retro Coffee Trailer will be back, and I love it! I consider them to be our go-to Coffee People!
- TACOS MONTE ALBAN will provide us with an absolutely stellar assortment of Tacos, Burritos and other “Real Food” offerings!
- THE CHEESE PIT and all the best variations of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are an absolute game changer! Try Captain Slinky’s Favorite, “The Pepper Bomb”!
- ORGANIC JUICE BAR & GYROS is my personal favorite source for hand-rolled Lumpia! Vegetarian options available!
If there’s one thing we Sprung folk love, it’s the indoorsiest of indoor activities – TABLETOP GAMES. Board Games, Miniatures Games, CCG, RPG… we love them all! And now, for the second year in a row, the Captain Slinky Presents Oddmall Emporium of The Weird will be hosting a GAMING EVENT! We have at least 220 feet of tables – possibly MORE – dedicated to Tabletop Board Games, game makers, game publishers and gaming accessories. People selling their old games, people demonstrating new games, people trying to drum up interest for their games on Kickstarter, LOTS AND LOTS OF GAMES! And any spaces NOT being used for that? Will be used for playing MORE GAMES!!!
Here’s a sampling of the folks that will be setting up and showing you what they got:
- Let’s Play Cafe (Local Game Store) is THE local game shop! A great mix of board games, CCG, Miniatures and Arcade Games! We can’t have a gaming convention and NOT invite the FLGS!
- Nerd Wood Designs is coming all the way from Oregon to be with us and offer a wide assortment of gaming accessories and cool fantasy signage!
- Blue Dragon Dice hoards and collects shiny click-clacks of unusually whimsical fashion! These dice really stand out and make everyone at the table go “Whoa, where did you get those DICE?!?”
- Game Cultivation brings with them a wide assortment of gaming accessories that ALWAYS draw a crowd!
- Thing 12 Games – Dice of Crowns and Click Click Boom – Two of the greatest quick-play games we’ve ever played!
- Counter Clockwork Games is the creator/publisher of one of our favorite games, The Shadow Over Westminster – the only board game I know with a twist ending every time!
- Briarpatchpumpkin creates incredible Magic Items and Gaming Assets that liven up any gaming environment!
- Weird Works LLC has artwork and stickers and tarot decks and gaming stuff – they’re new, I haven’t experienced any of their stuff yet!
- Pie Slice Dice makes quality, precision dice that you can really feel the difference! You have to hold them for yourself in order to experience the luxury!
- Duncecap Games is a local publisher of great “In-Between” games that the whole gaming group can love!
- Studio Tophat is going to be your new favorite place to be – fun, cheap, creative and all about spreading the love of gaming!
- Woodstock Games makes a new game called “Dice Fights” that I am kind of obsessed with – I love it when a game looks like it was as fun to make as it is to play!
- The Doodle Realms is completely new to us, and it looks awesome! The type of creativity and devotion to an idea we love!
- Bored Dragon Woodworking makes some absolutely wonder gaming accessories from wood, an absolute essential addition to any game group!
If you are interested in a reserved spot at one of these tables for YOUR playtesting, demoing, or even if it’s just to try and sell your giant pile of “We Played It Once And Now We Don’t Play It Any More” games – I’m looking at YOU, “Dead Of Winter” – you can sign up at https://form.jotform.com/220925585534057 A 10’x10′ space is just $75 ($200 the standard vendor booth fee because I LOVE GAMES) and you could split it with a buddy if you like – just get in here and connect with your fellow gamers!
The Captain Slinky Presents Oddmall Emporium of The Weird “Sprung 2” event will be located at The Evergreen State Fairgrounds Building Number 604 (The Gary D. Weikel Events Center). SOMETIMES the Google Maps gives weird directions on how to get to our exact building, so just look for the signs.
Just get to Monroe, The Evergreen State Fairgrounds, and then really, just follow the signs and you’ll be good! Your best bet is to turn on to Cascade View Drive and park in the FREE PARKING in the Yellow Lot, because this year we have a monkey wrench in the Free Parking – there’s a few other events on Saturday that don’t love their customers as much as Oddmall does, and they are charging for parking so we aren’t able to do the free parking right next to the building like we normally do 😦
WIN “VALUABLE” PRIZES!
Do you like weird surprises? Sure, we all do! Well have I got great news for YOU! Since this is our annual Captain Slinky Presents Oddmall Emporium of The Weird “Sprung” Show that is themed around tabletop gaming and gaming culture, there will be PLENTY of chances for you to WIN “VALUABLE”* PRIZES from our vendors! Over at the Captain Slinky/Oddmall Booth near the restrooms, I’ll have a big old Prize Wheel that everyone gets to spin! There will be automatic wins, Automatic Loses, and “FIGHT ME” on the wheel – if you get a “FIGHT ME”, you get to play a quick game to see if you can win an even BETTER prize from us!
But that’s not the only way to win prizes! The fine folks from the Volunteers of America Western Washington will be there taking donations and giving folks chances to win stuff, so THAT’S pretty dope, right?
And lastly, we will be awarding a SPECIAL, SUPER-WEIRD AWARD after the show to some lucky chump who uses the hashtag “#OddmallSprung” on one or more of the major Social Media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). The person who won last time never claimed their prize, so maybe YOU will be the first to do it!
MEET THE CREW
Hopefully I’ll have time to upload pictures and profiles of all our staff here before the show? SO MUCH TO DO!!!